Most products stem from internal development, R&D department has 9 researchers. Approximately 8% of the annual company turnover goes into development activities.
R&D department participates mainly on the development of new types of epoxy adhesives, lamination system, pultrusion profiles and sandwich constructions. 5M company is a holder of a patent for production of multilayer sandwich constructions called Letoxit Foil Technology. The development was supported by Ministry of Trade and Industry in the IMPULS program.
5M company disposes of well equipped laboratories, where skilled technicians and specialist work. Therefore we are able to solve successfully development projects for concrete customer (development of adhesives for skis production, foil adhesives for aviation, casting resins, ultra-light sandwiches) and also projects of applied research that are co-financed by Ministry of Trade and Industry in programs TECHNOS, PROGRES, IMPULS, TANDEM and TRVALÁ PROSPERITA.
Thanks to active access to new technologies and an effort to keep on top of technological innovation our company also works with universities and testing laboratories:
- Tomas Bata University in Zlín – Faculty of Technology
- VUT Brno – Faculty of Chemistry
- VUT Brno – Institute of Aerospace Engineering of Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Technical University of Košice
- Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Czech Academy of Sciences
- The Institute of Rock Structure and Mechanics of the Czech Academy of Sciences